Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Weekly CSA Vegetables, Cardoons!



This Wednesday will be my 3rd delivery of the freshest vegetables that I've ever had, with the exception of Wayne's Garden. I haven't posted details about this new (to me) food adventure, or take pictures, because I just haven't found the time. I'm settling into organizing how I shop and how I cook, because I never know what I'm getting in my CSA Box.

Organizing is my first priority so that I can actually use these veggies that day, and within a few days. I chose to pick them up on a Wednesday, after 4pm, because I don't work on Thursdays. But I because I work on Wednesday's I can't pick them up until after work which is many times after 8pm, and then by the time I get home I'm too tired to wash and organize, sometimes I'm too tired to even look and see what I've got! Two Small Farms does send me an e-mail at the beginning of the week, however, to list what is in the weeks box, so I'll have to pay more attention and put a little more thought into my food and cooking plan.

This week I have Wednesday off however, and I just took the time to read through the newsletter 2SF sent me and guess what? Cardoons! I wouldn't even know what they were, but I happen to have taken a piture at the Monterey Farmers Market a couple of weeks ago, of this huge crazy looking stuff I had never seen before! I'm assuming that the cardoons we'll be getting will be smaller...maybe trimmed, or a slightly different variety. What I do know about them, since I talked with the vendor is that they taste like artichoke. We'll see.....!

No comments: