Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Top 40" companion workout!

I want to thank all of you that purchased my latest Kettlebell Swing workout, "Top 40"!  I had a ton of fun creating and designing workouts that are challenging for all levels, but especially for my new "beginners" audience.  As a bonus-bonus, I've designed a short (or long) workout that fits progressively between workout #1 and workout #2 on the DVD.  Of course if you did not buy the DVD I still invite you to train along with us, but I think the experience of training the workout progressions on this DVD is of great value as you build your skill, cardio endurance, and strength.

That being said, enjoy!



This workout uses only 3 swing combinations:
2 hand swings ("2 hd sw")
10 R, 10 L (10 one hand swing w/right hand and w/left hand)
5/5 (5 R, 5 L, switch on 5th swing rep, switch back on 5th swing rep)

"Top 40" bonus-bonus, as promised!

warm up (15 sec intervals, 15 sec work/15 sec rest)

10 2 hd sw x 2 sets
10 one hd sw R x 1 set
10 one hd sw L x 1 set
10 one hd sw R x 1 set 
10 one hd sw L x 1 set
5/5 one hand sw x 2 sets

80 swing reps, 4 min.

The "workout" is 4 sets of 10 reps, and one set of 40 reps, OR 30 reps if you are training "equal work to equal rest (I demonstrate this ratio while my training partners push the work/rest ratio higher)

first rotation 

10 2 hd sw x 1 set
10 one hd sw R x 1 set
10 1 hd sw L x 1 set
5/5 x 1 set

10 2 hd sw + 10 R + 10 L (end here OR) + 5/5 one hd sw (45 sec work/rest if you complete 30 reps, 1 min/30 sec work to rest if you complete 40 reps)

70 or 80 swing reps 3.5 min

second rotation

10 R x 1 set
10 L x 1 set
5/5 x 1 set
10 2 hd sw x 1 set

10 R + 10 L + 5/5 (end here OR) 10 2 hd sw  (45 sec work/rest if you complete 30 reps, 1 min/30 sec work to rest if you complete 40 reps)

70 or 80 swing reps 3.5 min

Total workout
220 - 240 swing reps, 11 min.

OR repeat starting with the first rotation (video demonstrates the repeat of the first set of the first rotation)

360 or 400 swing reps, 18 minutes

This workout is a great "add on" to the end of workout #1 when you are ready for a little more, or at the beginning of workout #2.  In itself you can train a quick 11 minute workout, or double up and complete 400 swing reps in less than 20 minutes!

I love what I do, and there is so much more coming!  Thank you all for your interest and your support!





3 comments:

Tuesday said...

Thank you, Tracy! I just completed two rounds--it was simple and fun. Great workout! xx

Tracy Reifkind said...

Simple and fun! Yes it was! Thank you!

Maribel said...

I always imagine that inside your brain all these numbers are flying around...am I right? Seems like it. Especially since I can't remember if we've ever repeated a workout. Who would have thought that so much can be done with just a kettlebell and a swing? Not me.