Friday, March 22, 2013

"Pep Do"


Every once in a while I need a pep talk myself.  This seems to be one of those times.

I'm not going to get into all the reasons why, but as I got out of bed this morning, the second morning I've slept in this week (and I rarely sleep in), I almost started to feel sorry for myself.  In my head I tried to give myself a little pep talk and started to think about all the things I should be feeling good about and that's when I realized that I didn't need to listen to myself talk, I needed to make myself 'do'!

Quit wondering why, or where these feeling of crap are coming from, and do something about it! You're gonna feel so much better!


ps this is where cute yoga clothes come in handy!  lol

4 comments:

dara said...

Hi Tracy! Thank you so much for all your do and all the inspiration you share with us! I found your blog about 4 years ago, and then got deterred from my fitness goals. I'm getting back on track now and have your book and have been starting the routines. I have noticed that once I got to equal work equal rest, it about kills me cardio vascular wise, but I am not sore the next day. Should I up the weight or should I just continue with your program of increasing reps and decreasing rest? Thank you so much!!

beverly said...

"Pep Do" - I love it. Repeated that phrase to myself all day yesterday.

Tracy Reifkind said...

dara,

"kills me cardio wise"

Hmmn....the beauty of training the kettlebell swing is that neither is wrong, and neither is right!

"Sore" is not the goal. If you have luxury of owning multiple sizes of bells then do both! Practice a cycle of heavier/versus same rep/interval, and same weight versus shorter intervals. Most cycles are a minimum of 4 weeks, up to 12 weeks (as per Mark's brilliant instruction!)

It's all play. It's all a game. You tell me! All I care about is, did you show up for every workout? How many did you miss? None? Great! That's the goal!

Tracy Reifkind said...

beverly,

Indeed. I need to repeat it myself! Thank you!

Pep do

pep do

pep do