Monday, March 25, 2013

The Swing Quest 2013 Official Invitation!

Did I forget to invite all you all?  What I mean is that I am literally inviting anybody and everybody to actually come, in person, to swing with us!  Whether you are a local KB Instructor or have been working with one or training kettlebells on your own in a gym/home you all are always invited to come to any of my swing classes/workouts any old time, but especially 'The Swing Quest' events I'll be leading every 3 months.

I've been so busy with other projects and workouts that I haven't spent nearly the amount of time I need to promote this event properly.  I hope in the next three months, (before the next event Sat. Jun 29) I can finish the details to get this thing up and running so we can all train together and support and cheer each other on at least 4 times a year.


Mark and I work in Palo Alto (30-40 min south of San Francisco) at Noxcuses Fitness Studio.  Here is the address and phone number:

2741 Middlefield Road, Suite 102, Palo Alto, CA 94306 | 650-325-1273 | info@noxcusesfitness.com

tracyrif@yahoo.com 408-421-8293

Next Saturday, March 30, starting at 7:00am I will lead the second 'The Swing Quest 2013' workout.  There are 4 individual swing workouts per event, approx 500 repetitions each.  All workouts are "equal work to rest" which last 25 minutes.  There will be a 5 minute break between each workout so it will last 2 hours!

I wanted to create an event similar to a marathon, but unlike a marathon you can come and go, start or stop anytime you want to.  No one is required to complete all 2013 swing reps, in fact I highly suggest that everybody work to their own level, get a baseline the first time, and then train to reach a little more for the next time!

I'm suggesting that only one bell be used!  This means for 2 hand swings as well as one hand swings, but at the end of the day (or I should say, at the end of 2013 reps) it's up to you.  I will have a few more advanced options for anybody participating that feels their work capacity is beyond this work to rest ratio, but let me tell you, if you are feeling like the rest periods are too long, you don't have the right size bell!

The cost is $40 and if you are interested you must contact me to confirm.  The studio is not that big and can only accommodate a few more people than my regular class size, so space is limited, and bells are limited.  This time I will have someone taking pictures (so come looking pretty!) and everybody will need to come early and sign waivers and releases (also the images will be available to you as well!)

I will write more details about anything I may have forgotten in the next few days.  But if you are within driving distance I would love to have you come and train with me!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be awesome to stream this live so that east-coasters could play along too!

Ape said...

I LOVE this idea!!! I wish I lived in CA not MD! LOL. ;)

KrisR said...

I've been 'practicing' your 2013 swing combos and must say - I really have been enjoying them. I'll swing with you in spirit here in Australia (your Saturday - my Sunday).

I'm setting my goal to get through at least the first 2 combos.

Keep up the great work, Tracy! You're an inspiration to us all.

Tracy Reifkind said...

platefull,

We've had the webcast idea for years, and recently I've had the idea of "co-instructors" leading a group the same days! Programs, souvenirs, goals setting, practice training, all kinds of stuff.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Ape,

The idea is actually bigger than just 4 events a year. It's a year long swing adventure!

Tracy Reifkind said...

KrisR,

Super! I'll make a few minor adjustments based on the last event. In fact I'm going to be fine tuning the workouts over the next couple of nights.

Thanks for your interest and support!

Maribel said...

Yay! Can't wait!

Tuesday said...

That sounds awesome, Tracy! I hope you'll do a webcast at some point, so we can all join in. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to be living back in the USA, on the beautiful west coast...but it seems unlikely to happen anytime soon. xx