Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lucky Me and the RKC!

It's Sunday, the last day of this 3 day September RKC, and I have to say that it's the most fun I've ever had at an RKC.....except that I wish I could do all of the things I've been doing AND spend all day actually at the Cert! First of all I have to say I really like the new hotel. It's walking distance from some really good places to eat and get coffee....what's more important than good coffee? The hotel is compact and it makes getting in and out super fast. It's a stones throw from the Cert, and literally 5 minutes from the Bikram yoga studio, which is 2 minutes from Fawn and Aarons house....lucky me!

And speaking of Bikrams yoga, I made it to 2 classes on Friday, 9:30am and the 4:30pm, the 4:30 class on Sat., after hanging out at the Cert all day, and getting in a measly little KB workout (yikes), and I'm heading over to the 9:30 class this morning.....feeling a little rough from the food and wine last night.






And speaking of food and wine.....last night's dinner was fabuloso! The only thing better than the food and wine was the company! Mark and I sat at a table with his team assistant Kelly, one of his team members James, Wynne on Kenneth Jays team and Steve on Team Dan John. We all had a great time.






And speaking of Fawn and Aaron....the first day, Friday (funny that's their last name, lol), after yoga I went over to Fawn's house for lunch....does it get any better than that.....yes! Fawn was trying to make weight for her powerlifting meet the next day, so she made the simplest, but yummiest light lunch of a beef patty (nothing but grass fed beef of course), and a light salad of grilled zucchini, spinach, fennel, romaine lettuce and quinoa. I'm so lucky!

Anyway, off to get Mark to the Cert this morning, more yoga for me, pack for home, check out, and meet Fawn for a nice long walk around the lake by her house. The victim portion of the Cert, and then the Grad workout, before leaving for CA, only to be back next weekend for the HKC! Lucky me!

7 comments:

fawn said...

It was so nice seeing you this weekend Tracy. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Hey Fawn!

I think you'll get enough of us this next weekend! We really missed being in St Paul.....there's nothing like an RKC at it's "home base", especially when good friends are there too.

We don't get into town next Friday until 5:30....bummer. I'll miss your class in the park, dang it!

Linnea said...

Tracy
I was so glad I actually got to meet you in person yesterday. It was truly the highlight of my day at Victim training yesterday.
I have enjoyed your blog for awhile now and I make many of your recipes. Tonight Pawn Risotto is being made.
If I get a chance to video a double snatch Vo2Max workout I will be sure to share with you.

cathy b said...

You look so good. Congrats on everything and I am always thinking of you. You are always an inspiration to me.
Cathy

cathy b said...

You look so good. Congrats on everything and I am always thinking of you. You are always an inspiration to me.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Linnea,

If I drank beer I would be tempted to make it to one of your Saturday workouts when I'm in town, lol!

Anyway, I used to do double snatch workouts, but not for quite awhile....it may have to make a reappearance in this Thursdays workout! My students will thank you for that, lol

Tracy Reifkind said...

Cathy!

Goodness, I was just thinking about you! Anyway, I'm sure the kids kept you busy this summer, but I hope you still find time to train KB's....and pressure cook, lol!