Thursday, April 15, 2010

Unbelievable Video!

I'm late for class this morning but I wanted to write a blogpost about how important it is for everyone to take pictures and video of their training.....


This photo was taken of "rabbit" in my Bikram practice yesterday (my 2nd class....my first one I had to sweat out the hangover, lol!), and when I saw it....this is the first time I've ever seen myself in this position....I was shocked! I'm unbelievably surprised at how good this forward bend for me is. I thought I only was able to lift my hips up about 45 degrees.....wow...I can now really visiualize myself getting to 90 degrees, something I thought I would never do.


more to come.....

4 comments:

Laree Draper said...

Awesome, Tracy!

But could you explain what you mean by lifting the hips up? I'm feeling dense.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Laree,

I just finished my follow-up blogpost, this should help to explain what I mean by lifting the hips up "90 degrees". It refers to the position of your legs to the ceilings.....your hips start parallel to the floor, and then you lift your hips up, trying to get them at a 90 degree angle....I hear there's a popular Bikram studio in Santa Cruz....if you like heat, you should try it, lol!

ljbarron said...

Good topic Tracy. This is advice you gave me at RKC. I had never seen myself on video or in the mirror practising my KB exercises. I hijacked my son's video camera and recorded over and over. It is great to be critical and so important to see yourself on film. I found myself being more critical as I was doing each exercise and seeing leaps in improvement each time. this is a must have tool in the gym bag. Thanks!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Leslie....just trying to get the word out so people do this before they come to a Cert!

It's not uncommon for me to take pictures and video during an HKC of someone who needs a correction, so they, themselves, can see what it is that needs improvement.