Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday's workout...one last week off from Max w/16kg

Real quick.... Max Vo2 "based" workout 15/15 work/rest. Heavy 2 hand swings and double snatches in groups of 5 sets per., alternating for a total of 30 minutes.

Warm up (sets 1-10)

8 double snatches w/two 8kg's x 5 sets
10 2 hand swings, hardstyle, w/12kg x 5 sets

Work sets (sets 10-60)

5 dbl snatches w/two 12kg's x 5 sets
10 2 hnd sw, hardstyle, w/16kg x 5 sets
5 dbl snatches w/two 12kg's x 5 sets
10 2 hnd sw, hardstyle, w/16kg x 5 sets
5 dbl snatches w/two 12kg's x 5 sets
10 2 hnd sw, hardstyle, w/16kg x 5 sets
5 dbl snatches w/two 12kg's x 5 sets
10 2 hnd sw, hardstyle, w/16kg x 5 sets , repeat
10 2 hnd sw, hardstyle, w/16kg x 5 sets


Good Lord, this was t-t-t-t-tough! What's harder than timed interval sets of double snatches w/12kg's, and hardstyle 2 hand swings w/16kg? Try it and let me know, lol! (yep Diana, I dare you.....) I was seriously sucking wind during the double snatch rep intervals (Mark describes it as a "moderate" sucking of wind, lol.....it was great! It reminded me if the first few times I trained Max Vo2, years ago!

I did a fraction of the number of snatches I regualry do.....the equivilent of 20, 16kg snatches, and only 100, 24kg santches! Compare that to last weeks workout of over 800 snatches...and I continued to do many multiple sets of snatches in my next class that same morning! In addition to my Monday santch workout too!

4 comments:

Diana said...

You suck, you suck, you suck. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.
Like I have "nothing" better to do than play this "dare" crap game??????




OK......I'll let you know how I do Bitch!
PS/I hate you!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

The feelings are mutual....lol

anyway, Meg did the same basic workout but stayed with the dbl 8kg's for sets of 7 (or 8, I'll have to ask), after trying one set with the dbl 12kg's. She has been doing a tremendous amount of KB training lately and just needed a little less this week.

Diana said...

And now it's done!
I loved this.........even more than I hated it!!

Tracy Reifkind said...

I'm going to start charging you my PT fee......lol