Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back in the Saddle....the "Max Vo2 Saddle" lol

Two weeks off from training Max Vo2 w/16kg, it was time to get back to it......it was a nice break, however. OK, 2 weeks ago the USSST, last week 80 sets of 8 w/12kg...party over....how lucky am I that Max Vo2, 80 sets of 8 w/12kg is "a party" LOL!

Of course I didn't check my last workout, I thought I'd remember...but I didn't! Meg remembered we had done 70 sets....that sounded familiar, so I went with it.....here's my breakdown:

Tracy

6/6 x 2 (12 reps)
7/7 x 2 (14 reps)
8/8 x 68 (544 reps, unbeknownest to me, until 5 minutes ago, this was a serious PR!)

72 sets total
570 snatches in 36 minutes

here's the last Max w/16kg workout;

Tracy

5/5 x 4
6/6 x 6
7/7 x 10 (20 sets, 126 snatches up to this point)
8/8 x 42
7/7 x 8

70 sets total
518 16kg snatches in 35 minutes

As you might notice.....in my previous workout I took 20 sets before I started 8/8, this week I only took 4....yikes. Also I ended the workout with 10 sets of 7's.....this time I took the 8's all the way to the end. 42 sets of 8's compared to 68 sets of 8's....good Lord that's a PR of 26 sets, and a snatch total PR of 52 additional snatches.

Oh, and in addition to my neck "crunching and munching", my right hand tore open with 20 sets left in the workout....and I've got the bloody socksleeve to prove it....ouch! But it reminded me of the "old days" when tearing open my hands happened practically every week with Max.....even with the 12kg! Battlescars.....

I'll add Megs workout when she emails it to me. I wasn't paying much attention to anything else yesterday because I had been too focused on fixing my back and neck. what kind of workout partner am I?

Meg

6 sets of 5 reps (30)
6 sets of 6 reps (36)
6 sets of 7 reps (42)
54 sets of 8 reps (432)


72 sets total
540 total snatches (1080 snatch points!)

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

I can't beleive you did the last ten sets with your hand torn and bleeding like it was, that IS the definition of hardcore baby. no doubt.
I don't like the crunch and munch stuff though,that's not good. we will get if figured out.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Thanks sweetie....yep, hands heal, but necks....yikes, better to never injure than to rehab.

Lucky me, I have you, and you'll take care of me!