Wednesday, May 25, 2011
No Blogpost, No Walk
I'm in the final days, and hours of the deadline to deliver my finished manuscript for my book....yesterday no blogpost, no walk....am I excused?
The content of the book has been finished for a week, but I still had to gather recipes and write the instructions for those. Now an even bigger project of sifting through hundreds of photos to find the perfect ones that demonstrate how to "Learn the Kettlebell Swing". I thought I would start by getting rid of the photos I know won't work. That'll get rid of about 60%. Of the remaining 40% I'll have to chose the final 10% or so.
This has been a crazy time filled with high quality problems....lucky, lucky me.
Over the last couple of weeks, especially, I found myself having to almost re-live my beginnings. The beginning of my weightloss, the beginning of discovering the Swing and the affects I was able to produce by using this one powerful transformative movment, the beginning of the best times in my life. Remembering some things I forgot that were instrumental in the success of my initial weightloss, fitness and health, but even more magical through this process I can see more clearly how I am able to successfully maintain, and improve on the incredible results I was able to achieve.
As busy as I've been, committing to writing (almost) daily blogposts and reconnecting in a different way with myself (almost) daily through walking has actually helped me see myself differently. I have become more clear on who I am, who I want to be, and what I want to do. Just as making and preparing all of my own foods and training the kettlebell swing are forever going to be part of my life, so is writing and walking....just not yesterday!