Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another Killer High Volume Snatch Training Day


I won't bore anyone with the details of Saturdays HV Snatch workout, but let me say this....it was brilliant! I say that because the "numbers" fit perfectly into my crazy OCD brain for patterns. It was kind of accidental, but I could not have planned it better if I tried.... All of my workouts are a variation of my methods, so not truly an accident.


880 snatches and 262 swings in about 50 minutes time. This one will definitely be part of my HV Snatch workshop/dvd. To be honest I was surprised that the snatches did not add up to more, but we ran out of time to complete the last part, so I had to re-write the end which left us 80 snatches behind the original 960 snatch routine.


I rotated 6 snatch combination sets, the shortest one was 1 minute, and the longest one, combining the previous 5 sets into one long 7+ minute swing/snatch set. Each rotation had 320 snatches and 60 swings. None of the worksets had more than 30 sec rest period, until the rotation of 6 sets was completed...and at that point we only rested less thatn 2 minutes before repeating the rotation again.

5 comments:

guy said...

Another killer workout, congrats Ma'am!

Mark Reifkind said...

guy

I will say that I don't know of anyone,male or female, that could this volume of work and still get stronger all the time, as she does.
She trains and recovers like an Olympic athlete, the Eric Heiden of KB swings and snatches.

just the other day she did 1400 snatches in a workout and didn't even bother to record it!

Just another day at the office...

Tracy Reifkind said...

guy,

Often times I comment to my training partners...no one else is training like this! Sure, there are competetive athletes whos job is to map out their training in a way to meet the challenges of competition....races. meets, etc. But I don't have those goals....I just show up and train.

(I consider my client/students my "training partners"...or I, theirs. For me ther is no other approach. I'm lucky.)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Sweetie...I think it was only 1200 snatches. But who's counting?

No one elses opinion of what I do, or who I am matters...only that you love me.

Mark Reifkind said...

ok, 1200, slacker :))

I am constantly amazed love,consistently impressed.