Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday 35 minute Max based workout



This morning, after my 6-7:00am class at Girya, where the focus was on Swing pacing, my next stop is over to Equinox and here's the last 35 minutes of my Tuesday workout....enjoy!

Each snatch/swing rotation has fifteen, 15 second work/rest sets. The first rotation is only performed one time before increasing the number of snatch reps (by one per set), and then repeated 3 times in total. 60 sets of snatches and heavy swings = 30 minutes.













14kg
for snatches and 24kg for 2 hand swings

15 second intervals (work/rest)

1st rotation

7 snatch R, 7 snatch L x 1 (2 sets)
10 2 hd sw x 1
7 snatch R, 7 snatch L x 2 (4 sets)
10 2 hd sw x 1
7 snatch R, 7 snatch L x 3 (6 sets)
10 2 hd sw x 1

2nd, 3rd, and 4th rotation,

8 snatch R, 8 snatch L x 1 (2 sets)
10 2 hd sw x 1
8 snatch R, 8 snatch L x 2 (4 sets)
10 2 hd sw x 1
8 snatch R, 8 snatch L x 3 (6 sets)
10 2 hd sw x 1

total sets per rotation = 15 x 4 = 60 sets. 30 minutes.

10 2 hd swings x 10 sets 15:15 = 5 minutes 100 swings w/24kg

total
14kg snatches 276
24kg 2 hand swings 220

35 minutes

This past Saturday I started a new Max Vo2 cycle with the 14kg. I started with 50 sets of 8 with my Max-based class, but today was the second Max-based workout this week so I don't stick to the strict Max protocol of snatches.....I do so much other KB training that I modify Max to suit my own needs. Personally, I think swings are much more difficult, therefore productive in a different way, than snatches are. I will always mix in swings when designing maximum difficulty workouts....and 24kg swings? Goodness!

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

My goodness my Love, you be seriously buffed!OBAMC.

Tracy Reifkind said...

my love....

takes one to know one!

Diana said...

Tracy,
Make sure you keep this one logged somewhere, it's a keeper!
It was a great "end of the day" workout after a long 12 hours of work with those who chose not to change their lives!
I slimmed down the bell sizes to 12kg for snatches and 16kg for swings-I know, big wuss!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

no doubet this is a keeper, I repeated it but a little differently (of course) this morning, and I'll be posting it in a bit.