Friday, June 8, 2012

Travel Lunch

Mark and I are only going to San Diego overnight, and although I know there are numerous good choices for meals I can't help but pack my lunch...it's just left overs!  I find that if I pack small meals/foods in the deli containers I buy my peanut butter in I can "get away" with passing through security easier.  Maybe because it looks like "purchased food"?  In fact I'm going to try and take a serving of oats/feta..yikes!  If they make me throw it away it was worth trying!

Leftover rib eye, grilled asparagus, soft boiled eggs, peanut butter raisins, carrot/celery, blueberries, toasted almonds (I'll buy some plain yogurt when I get there), steel cut oats/feta....I think that's it!  Maybe some of those butter beans I cooked yesterday...oh and a "real" spoon" and some kosher salt! I still don't know what I'm going to wear yet, but first things first, this took me 15 minutes, at the most, to throw together!

I hope to see some of you in San Clemente on Saturday!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=184053888271338&set=a.184053884938005.46864.184053808271346&type=1&theater

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks good Tracy. Your suggestions worked like a charm flying to Hawaii.

Have a great class in San Clemente! Wish I was just a little bit closer!

xoxo

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen,

Airport and hotel food is really, really, really awful! But especially awful when you are not the least bit hungry! that's the key...take your own better foods if you can and you won't even want the other.