Wednesday, August 11, 2010

There's No Place Like Home....but there are close seconds!


I have to say that this was the best vacation Mark and I have had, probably ever! Budapest is an extremely "English speaking" friendly city. Even though we worked (well, he worked, lol), every day except our last day. (picture is part of the view from our hotel room)


Our hotel was the best. The Cert site was the best. Peter Lakatos, his wife Elena, and the whole Hungarian team were super. The food was good, the wine? Well, let's just say we do live in California, so we're a bit spoiled.....


I have so much to write about, when I get home later. I've been sleeping since 3:30pm yesterday, and I'm off this morning to get back to some sort of regular training schedule :) One more thing.....I did not test my pull-up while I was there and I'll be back to give you my list of excuses, lol!


Here's the only workout I did while I was there, a 25 minute version of my "100" workout.


100 swings w/12kg (see below)
10/10 snatch w/16kg
repeat 5 times

snatch w/12kg
10/10
12/12
13/13
15/15

25 minutes
= 500 swings w/12kg
100 snatches w/16kg
100 snatches w/12kg

When I finished the first part of this workout I knew I wanted to end it with 100 12kg snatches done 10/10 for 5 minutes. But when I looked at my Gymboss it would have taken 26 minutes....well, I couldn't have that! My OCD took over and I had to make it an "even "25" minutes (I know, I know, 25 isn't an even number, but you know what I mean!) So, I progressively sped up the next 3 sets to make the 100 reps fit into 4 minutes. Try this one it's quick and to the point!


100 swing combination
20 2 hd sw
20 tr
1 sw 1 tr x 10
20 tr
20 2 hd sw

x 5

2 comments:

Diana said...

Your OCD makes me laugh! I thought I was "all about" numbers!

Welcome back to the USA!

Tracy Reifkind said...

hey, you gotta respect the OCD!

the first thing I did when I got home was to eat an apple (or 2, lol) Really the worst part, in fact the only worse part was the food coming home (I brought alot of my own food for the trip there). Salty, salty, salty