Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What Seperates the Men from the Boys

Today is Tuesday....after a 3 day long RKC, really 4 days and I'll tell you why. RKC's start on Thursdays...there is the set up of the whole affair, and testing of the assistants, not to mention the Meet and Greet from 7-10pm....Good Lord, I'm usually in bed by 8pm! But for Mark, his obligations are even greater, as they should be for a Master Instuctor. He's got a few more additional scheduled meetings, as well as feeling responsible for the success of his own teams experience.....AND, he still has a "day job"!

Mark usually goes right back to work the following Monday, even if we travel out of state, and he has to miss his own Saturday workout because of the Cert, that means that his next workout is his regular scheduled Tuesday.....regular scheduled Tuesday? Well, today he scheduled a client as a make up for a missed appointment on Friday...because of the RKC....at our regular workout time of 11am, which means he had to wait until 12noon to drive home (12:30pm), take a hot bath to warm up, and then finally get to his own workout at about 1:00pm.....without eating all morning, and in a dirty, 40 degree, cold ass, garage gym.....yuck! (I bailed by the way, finishing my workout much earlier)


Speaking of bailing.....I did walk out, after I ate my lunch, to give him a bit of company.....wasn't that nice of me? LOL


But seriously, I don't know if I could of done it....whoops, I'm sorry, of course I know I could NOT have done it, because I didn't! And I have to say, I'm glad I didn't have to. But Mark on the other hand had no choice. That's what seperates the men from the boys....or should I say separates the men from the ladies!

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

my love,

you forget to mention that you trained your classes and your own workout today after KILLING it training all day for three days straight at the cert. I had it easy.what you did would have killed me.

thanks, though sweetness :))

Tracy Reifkind said...

Sweetie,

Puh-lease!

Thanks for giving me an out.....tanning was rough though! LOL

Mark Reifkind said...

right,
I forgot about the tanning. that shit's tough!

huong said...

you two rock! it's great learning from both of you. looking forward to more workouts!

Tracy Reifkind said...

huong,

Another thing that seperates the men from the boys (and the badasses from the sissies) is training kettlebells....

I can't wait until you really start to see and feel the changes in your body, your strength and conditioning.

I think it may be time to take that little 20lb bell away from you though, lol, and give you a real womans weight....the 12kg!