Saturday, May 4, 2013

My GS Adventure Continues with Saturday Training




I'm not supposed to be back to my GS training yet "officially", but I thought I'd play around this morning with the 16kg snatch.  I ended up doing five 2 min sets with one hand switch (1 min R/ 1 min L), resting for 2 minutes in between sets.




One minute R and one minute L is hardly training for GS, but to be honest I think the very first time I had ever snatched for an entire minute long on one hand with the 16kg was just this past year!  Funny how it doesn't even scare me anymore at all.  More than 1 minute with a 16kg? Well, it starts to get really scary after 2  minutes.  At that point, considering where I am right now, I bow to the GS Gods!








Using only a 12kg comp bell I warmed up with:

20 tr sw x 2 sets (30/30)
1 sw/1tr x 10 x 2 sets (30/30)
1 sw, 1 sn, 1 tr x 12 x 2 sets (1 min/1 min)
1 sw/1 sn R for 30 sec + 1 sw/1 sn L for 30 sec x 2 sets (one set w/16kg)

Work sets

set one
21 R/22 L
set two
21 R/18 L
set three
19 R/ 19 L
set four
19 R/17 L
set 5
18 R/15 L

98 R/91 L

Now, when I can get these numbers without stopping or switching!  lol...yeah I'll do it!  (I get to train with at least one woman that has and believe you me, I'm taking notes!)

Somewhere along the line I remembered how to breath!  But honestly, there were so many elements to technique I was trying to think about.  Mostly how to "skip" my hand from one grip over my palm into a different grip in order to save my hands. The heavier the bell the more brutal it gets on the hands/grip.

Onto swing practice....



I am having so much fun designing the Intermediate Top 40 workouts!  So Meg and I did some serious "1 minute plus" swing combinations.  I like to practice new stuff with a variety of rest intervals looking for that "sweet spot".  Not too hard, but not too easy either!  We ended up completing, probably just around 1000 swings in about 40 minutes. I say about because I did not have a Gymboss to count intervals and after journaling what I think we did.  (I know, I know!  Those that know me should be shocked that I didn't keel over and pass out without my Gymboss!)  Anyway, I seem to have come up a minute or so short of swings, but I'm not 100%.  Let me tell you, it felt like 1000 reps!  (14kg for me)

8:30-9:30 Intermediate class.  600 swings, multiple sw/snatches. Goblet squats and Halo's

10:00-11:00 privates

shopping, home, food, wine, blog...how was your day?

3 comments:

chrystad72 said...

Sounds like an awesome Saturday! my day was great too...lots of swings, heavy deadlifts, squats and other fun things. Onto the cookin now, which I love to do!

Btw...I completed the Min Sin and it is the original Sin's evil younger sibling for sure. ha! Definitely challenging and way fun at the same time!!

are you going to posting some of the swing combos you practiced today? That would be awesome. It is so much fun trying out new combos..I started playing around with different times and combos too. Variations are endless!

Have a great day and Happy Cinco de Mayo! =)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Chrystad,

I am working on the details and the scale of the next Top 40 DVD, so I probably will not post any of it until right before it's finished and released, which I will then give away a "teaser". BUT I hope to have "Dirty Thirty" finished and available within 2 weeks from now, and I will share a free companion to those workouts! D30 is so much fun! And I already have workouts for D30 #2!

"Sinister", and variations of, will always be posted as I create them.....and one of these days soon I will tell you why! But I am loving "Min Sin"!

chrystad72 said...

Ooohh!! thanks for the update and I cannot wait. I have you Top 40 DVD and its awesome so Im looking forward to the next one as well.

I'll keep my eye out for the Dirty 30!

Min Sin was actually perfect for yesterday since I was deadlifting and squatting I dont think I could have handled the original sin after that. The Min Sin was still tough but really perfect. Its gonna be in my rotation for awhile.

Have a great Sunday!