Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekly Menu

Gosh, I've got a ton to blog about but no time to blog! The issue of "For Women First" with my story about pressure cooking is coming out today....there's a picture of Dr Oz on the cover, look for it! I myself don't have a copy yet, but I've seen the pdf file and it a very complimentary (and long) article!

Mark and I had a killer workout yesterday that I'm dying to post, but you can get an idea from his blopost (he's always on top of his training posts!). In a nut shell I tested my 16kg snatch for five, 2 minute ,sets and totaled 286 16kg snatches. I was wiped out all day, and extra hungry too.

Cruised through the weekend with no "Day off" because of my mid week celebration on Wed., but I was more relaxed about food. I tried to finish up the stuff I made for last week....and I did! Bought some raisins on Saturday after training.... So, because I was at Girya first thing in the morning yesterday (Monday) I didn't do my usual prep and cook for the week until the afternoon. I did manage to get my salad mix shredded, marinate some flank steak, and wash veggie for chili and soup while cleaning out the fridge in preparation for the week.

I had to go to Whole Foods and Mi Pueblo for supplies....I forgot Mi Pueblo has cherimoyas! How did I forget? I bought some a couple of weeks ago, and even at $5 lb I can't resist these delicious seasonal fruits. A combination of creamy pineapple/mango/banana flavored goodness is hard to pass up. (top photo)

I spent the whole freakin' afternoon in the kitchen and to be honest I'm was exhausted Not from the food cook and prep, but from the dish washing! I used the PC (of course), sheet pans for roasting, lag sautee pan for soup, the blender, cutting boards, mixing bowls, etc....and no automatic dishwasher, just me!


salad mix
proteins, chicken, ground lamb, pulled pork, marinated flank steak (too much!)
roasted cauliflower soup w/leeks and fennel
black eyed pea chili
lentils
roasted butternut (for smoothie or soup)
guac smoothie
cherimoya / raisins

Goodness, I guess I was hungry yesterday! No shortage fo food this week, and I still want to make some base veg soup. I'll have enough food for 2 weeks.

8 comments:

Judy said...

C'mon! You can't post those delicious meals and not provide the recipes!! Pretty please!!!(NO sugar on top though!!)

Maribel said...

Oohh...that soup sounds intriguing. Good timing since I'm in a cooking slump right now..this gives me some ideas.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Judy,

I never work with a recipe, although I could, and have in the past (many times) taken the time to translate them into text. Food blogposts take an incredible amount of time.

One of the reasons I don't give my recipe fancy names (unless I do write it out and post it), is so you can find a similar recipe online by simply googling a similar recipe title.

Soup is suop is soup! If I use something unusual and/or unique in a recipe I usually write about it in more detail.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Maribel,

I never find myself in a slump....I always have to "edit" down!

Too many good choices.

I find that "slumps" are more about fatigue! You have a much busier life than I do, and are responsible for feeding others as well as yourself. Having the energy to prepare seperate foods is just that much more work....

Jen said...

Tracy! I finally got a copy of your magazine today! I was showing you off and bragging about you to the check out girl and she said "Wow, did she really lose all of that weight?"... I have a feeling she's going to get a copy or at least read your article.

You look beautiful (as always) and so great to see you promoting the greatest cooking tool ever! You teaching me how to pressure cook (in my own kitchen no less!!) continues to be one of my favorite things to do. Thank you, Thank you!

xoxo

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen,

I haven't been able to find a copy! When did you get it? And what does the cover have on it?

Yikes I thought it was some kind of mistake....I'd call you right now, but it's too early!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen....yikes I already have it! I'll call you with the story on the mix up! LOL

Jen said...

Hi Tracy, At first I couldn't find is and looked for Dr. Oz on the cover, but that was another magazine... I knew the name had "Women" in it and with my superior detective skills (LOL), I found my friend Tracy! YAY!!