Thursday, November 6, 2008

Giving Up Some Sort of "Celebrity"

Well, by now anyone reading this has figured out that, although I won't be writing anymore blogposts for my original blog (Living My Physical Potential), I am continuing on through this blog, Food and Thought. If you would have told me that I would be giving up the other blog for this one, I would've never guessed...I should give up both, LOL! (I also have a personal non-public blog and I'll be starting another non-public blog just for my workout routines) But after writing one of my last blogposts on LMPP, titled "Relatability" I realized that not everyone "gets me", not that I care that much, but as far as training my style of KB's there's plenty of information on LMPP (it's a gold mine, in my opinion), and it will stay archived, it won't be deleted, but I'm much more interested in my continual transformation of moving toward health, and that involves so much more than swinging a KB.



So, this blog will be going through a transformation in the next few weeks, but I'm still asking myself the question of what my purpose is. Why do I care? Why do I care if anyone starts to eat better foods? Why do I care if anyone swings a kettlebell? Why do I care if anyone starts change how they feel about food and themslves? Well, I don't know the answer to those questions, but what I do know is, for whatever crazy reason, I care.



After I announced my last blog post on LMPP, all of a sudden I felt as if any kind of KB celebrity I had was gone. No more meeting people at Certs and hearing, "Hey I know you, I read your blog all the time, you're famous!", and comments like that. Hmmnn....bummer, lol! But life goes on. LMPP received hundreds of visits a day, while this one receives, on a busy day, way less than 100! So I thank those of you that do have an interest in feeding your body good foods, and looking to better understand what makes us hang on to the thought processes that creating the eating habits, and disconnection with our bodies, that can get us into such an unhealthy state, so we can all move toward health.



This is what I believe, and what I want this blog to be about.



Health means feeding your body good food. Health means moving your body so it stays strong. Health means thinking in a positive way about yourself. Good health reflects a healthy bodyweight....it has to.



Preparing your own foods.

Chosing a physical activity, and training it like an athlete.

Establishing habits of thought that move you in a positive direction.

Hope, belief, knowing.

Living by example.



I'm off to yoga.........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy!
I've never commented before, but I've enjoyed both your blogs for some time now. You write with such a positive perspective about embracing health, and your posts are always overflowing with creativity and useful information. I'm really glad you will still be posting here, as I would really miss your writing if you stopped entirely. So thanks for doing what you do!
-Steph

Tracy Reifkind said...

Steph,

Well, I guess it's you and me, and about 3 other people, LOL!

Oh.....thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was directed to your other blog by a girlfriend who was just getting into kettlebells. I still haven't given kettlebells a go, but I've been trying to figure out my relationship with food for a long time. I enjoy reading your thoughts on food and weight and all of the feelings that are tied into it. It helps me think about and decipher my own convoluted history.

I also love to cook, so your recipes are great. I am more concerned about buying local and organic now, and I've learned to use a pressure cooker too! So thanks!

-Beth

Tracy Reifkind said...

Beth,

I'm predicting that the pressure cooker is going to be the next "big thing"....don't forget...you heard it here first! lol

If you exercise at all, you're wasting your time if you don't include kettlebell training...I'm serious! Nothing will change your body faster. Kettlebells comes first for me, before yoga, and before walking. (Although, I do promote walking as a first exercise for those 50+lbs overweight, and who have not exercised in a long time, if ever!)