Monday, March 30, 2009

What's harder than 4:30pm yoga class?


Four-thirty Bikram yoga when Yi-ting is teaching! And my fellow students know what I'm talking about, lol! (Me, Yi-ting, Jayne, and Liane)


Since I get up in the morning before 4:00am, by the time 4:30pm rolls around the last thing I want to do is go to a 90 minute, 104 degree yoga class! Most of the time it's my second class of the day, and it comes after a KB workout, and sometimes a 40 minute walk.....but that's why I go! Sometimes doing what we don't want to do is exactly what we need to do!


The one thing that 4:30pm yoga makes me do, however, is it keeps my eating schedule in check, and that's my biggest motivation for putting it on my training schedule at least 3 times a week. There is no way in hell you can overeat before an afternoon bikram yoga class.....I did that one time! One time is all it takes! Overeating not only makes it uncomfortable because your body is busy trying to digest all that food, but what you eat can cause dehydration, and that's not good!

No comments: