Monday, March 30, 2009

Meditate, Meditate, Meditate

It has become very clear to me that my compulsive behaviors are triggered by anxiety. The feeling of anxiety is always a prelude, and the start of acting in a way I might not "normally" act. What is causing my anxiety? Who knows, lol! The important thing is that I find some calm. These past few weeks as I think about "the first compulsive bite", it occured to me that the first compulsive bite was actually the second part of binge eating....the first is the anxiety. If I could calm the anxiety, then the feelings of compulsion could go away. Calming anxiety ususally happens as I start to think logically, instead of emotionally.

Meditate, meditate, meditate is what I remind myself to do when I start to feel anxious. Meditating may be different to everyone....do you meditate? How do you meditate, or calm your anxieties?

No comments: