Thursday, June 10, 2010

Boring & Repetitive, that's the challenge and that's the fun....bring it!

Thursdays is usually my "doubles" workout.....doubles suck....in a good way! I hate doubles because it's hard and painful. The best way for me to get it done is to stick with a couple of combination sets and repeat them over and over, in order of course, until I just can't take it anymore....or until my next class is scheduled about an hour later.... I knew I would be training alone today, and that's fine with me because I can take the repetition and see it for what it is....boring, but hard as hell! But too bad for me, that's what separates me from many others....I don't expect to be entertained by the workout, just the results!

two 12kg's

5 dbl cl/press (strict presses) 30 sec work to rest x 10 sets = 10 minutes

ok the dirty work is done, on with the rest of the workout....

10 dbl swings, 15 sec work/rest
7 dbl sw/cl, 30 sec work/rest
5 dbl sw/cl/jerk, 30 sec work/rest.....(2 1/2 minutes)

so I start with dbl swings, add cleans, and then add jerks....

repeat

10 dbl swings, 15 sec work/rest
7 dbl sw/cl, 30 sec work/rest
5 dbl sw/cl/jerk, 30 sec work/rest.....add on just jerks (first clean is the only clean)
5 dbl jerk, 15 sec work/rest......(3 minutes)

repeat

10 dbl swings, 15 sec work/rest
7 dbl sw/cl, 30 sec work/rest
5 dbl sw/cl/jerk, 30 sec work/rest
5 dbl jerk, 15 sec work/rest.....add on just dbl cleans
7 dbl cl, 15 sec work/rest (3 1/2 minutes)

I did these 3 rotations at least 4 times. To be honest who's counting? When I looked at my Gymboss, 49 minutes had passed (including the 10 sets of dbl presses to start with)....that's what counts.

I started my warm-up swinging the 12kg for about 1/2 hour with my beginners class (not even equal work/rest). Next was a 10 minute warm-up and then the workout posted above. Next? Another beginners class, where I had a new student pick up the swing quickly, so we got more work done than expected....(he must of had a good teacher, lol).

I flew out of the Club to make a 9:30-11:00 Bikram class at a new Studio...well, new to me....and let me tell you, it was an ass kicker for sure! I don't know if it was the 2 hours of KB's previous, or the new environment that, seriously, humbled me.

Needless to say, by the time I made it to my last workout for the day back at Girya with Mark for Level 2 stuff, I could barely muster up the energy to train my pull-up.....

High quality problems!

I need to write a blogpost about my "strict" presses. For years and years I always trained the "pushpress", until I had to re-Cert this past February and I knew the strict press would be a big part of the weekend Certification. More about that to come.......

1 comment:

tyroneb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.